Appeal for volunteers for the Archery event at the British Transplant Games 2018 Birmingham University.
Volunteer registration is now open for the Westfield Health British Transplant Games. The 2018 Games are taking place in Birmingham between Thursday 2nd August and Sunday 5th August.
To register and for more information please use the link below
If you are volunteering for a sport specific role could you complete the form and ensure a copy is also sent to the sport manager: Kath Fitzpatrick email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Sport Specific Volunteer- Archery
Role: Working with the sports managers to deliver the sports competition element of the Games.
This may involve: field party, judge/field captain duties (managing the shooting arena safety) supervising competing archers, instructing / coaching novice archers, allocating equipment, scoring, and helping to process results
Venue: University of Birmingham
Availability: The Archery event is on Thursday 2nd August
We specifically want to recruit:
- Qualified coaches (20)
- Experienced archers to assist coaches
- Judges and candidate judges
- Non- sport specific volunteers for marshalling and supervising spectators, providing information to competitors about timings, assisting with registration, results.
Sport Manager: Kath Fitzpatrick, AGB Senior Coach
Event Organisers: MLS Events Management
Appeal for loan of equipment for the BTG Archery event.
To effectively run the event we need to borrow equipment from local clubs and organisations. All equipment is insured for the duration of the time it is collected from clubs and returned to them. MLS can arrange collection and return.
The equipment we need includes:
- 20 targets
- Foam targets on H frame stands are preferred – the venue is an all-weather surface so stands cannot be pegged down. We are looking to use concrete weights or sandbags to assure stability.
- Beginners weight bows – no more than 22 lbs
- Adult sizes up to 70”, right and left handed
- Approximately 40-60 bows are needed
- Arrows – over long preferred 30-32” with some c 28” – 40-60 sets of 3
- Scoreboards – 20+
- Bracers – 40-60
- Shooting line rope/plastic chain
- Ground quivers – not spike style – these need to be free standing
All equipment must be clearly marked with the name of the lending organisation. If arrows are not identified coloured dots will be used to ensure they are returned correctly.