1. In accordance with our constitution EMAS exists to promote and encourage archery in all forms other than bow hunting through out the region. Each constituent county sends representatives to the regular meetings where items of interest in support of archery are discussed. A small membership fee is levied to cover all costs incurred.
2. It organises the delegation of Regional inter county shoots (target, field and clout) on a five-year rota. The EMAS tournament advisor maintains advice folders to assist in the running of these shoots and works with the tournament organiser to ensure the shoots run efficiently.
3. Obtains trophies and medals for the Regional shoots.
4. Organiser judges for the regional competitions also when requested for county and club record status tournaments.
5. Organiser grants for judges training and equipment when working in the region.
6. Ensure that no WA rounds clash with others within the 50-mile rule. Care is taken to also avoid WA events clashing with county championships. Archery GB do not check.
7. Organise Regional Junior Squad and do similar get togethers for senior archers.
8. Give small grants to new clubs for one boss or equivalent sum. Also give appropriate development grants to each county to spend in line with their development plan.
9. Give a one-off grant of £200.00 to archers representing their country/GB for the first time. If this is claimed as a junior it cannot be then claimed again as a senior.
10. Give contributions to English Archery Federation to develop competition archers and have English National Teams. For them to hold English Open Championships.
11. Keep a record of regional shooting record scores and award certificates when records are obtained.
12. Administer the presentation of badges and year bars for those archers who perform well at designated tournaments.
13. Award The Ron Smith memorial trophy to the person who has improved archery in the region in any capacity
14. Form part of the administration system for the Archery GB Safeguarding policy.
15. Maintain an overview of the situation regarding coaching in the Region on the advice of the Regional Coaching Organiser.
16. Try to arrange for the organisation of Regional Judging and Coaching conferences.